Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Well, I'm headed to Argentina for sure...

Hola Familia!

Well, I’m headed to Argentina for sure.  I’m so excited.  I miss all of you so much.  I’m wrapping up my last week at the MTC.  I’m a zone leader so I’m pretty busy but it is a good time.  I have a lot of good guys in my zone that  I am going to miss, but the MTC is a good time.  I have gotten to talk to Elder Barton a lot here which has been fun.  The Spanish is going well and I’m learning.  I can definitely feel your prayers behind me.

So how’s the family doing?  How are my little pandas (our dogs).  Only 1 more month until I get to skype them.  Haha just kidding momma!

I haven’t gotten to hear from my little bros or sis in awhile.  I don’t know how long written mail takes to get to Argentina but definitely shoot me an email or a “Dear Elder”!

Dad, I miss you a lot, and all of your advice has really helped me out here.  You are such a great role model.  The ball hasn’t always taken the right bounces for you but you never quit and continue to work hard and that is something I have been applying to my mission.  I love you Dad!

Momma, I miss you so much and I love all the letters!  Way good idea to forward my friends letters so I have time to read them!  Thanks for being such a great mom to me.  You have really helped me prepare for this.  The only bad thing is that you were such a great mom, and I miss you so much!  There are some nights after a long day I just want to give you a hug.  You are so strong.  I know that you don’t want to have to be strong but just know that as you are faithful God will be your strength.  I pray for you everyday and those are worth double because I am a missionary. (haha).

How is Grandma doing?  I just got her letter yesterday so tell her thank you, and I hope she is doing well.  I don’t know if I’ll have time to write her this Pday, but I’m going to try on the plane to Atlanta!

Laney, I miss you!  I don’t have anyone to throw lemons at up here!  No fun!  I miss playing Stratego with you!  Maybe if you practice at beating Trent & Trey you might be able to beat me... key word, might... haha J

Well, I love you all so much, Trent & Trey, don’t be offended you aren’t in here because you got personal letters from me.  You better save those. Haha!

Well, I’m doing great here and soon I’ll be doing great on the other side of the world!  God is with me and helping me every step of the way!  I love you!

Con Amor,


Elder Tyler Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment