Monday, December 16, 2013

"I'm getting into the swing of things..."


Hola mi familia y mis amigos,
Como anda? Hows life back in the States? Everything down here is great. I am getting into the swing of things and am really enjoying myself down here. Right now im sure some of my friends are up at college, or will be back at college after the holidays, and will be freezing your butts off. I am on the bottom of the world right now where it is summer. Its is so hot and humid all the time here and then randomly a huge thunderstorm will come out of nowhere in an hour and be gone just as fast. It is pretty cool to see but not so fun to ride around in. I am getting a pretty sick missionary tan. Que bueno!

Argentina is awesome as always. One of my favorite things is the trash fires. A lot of people get impatient waiting for the trash man to come so they just take their trash out to their front yard and light it on fire. I love when I am riding real hard and get to take a nice breath of trash fire. En serio, Argentina is awesome though. La Plata, the city i am in has a tradition of building these giant dolls and then on new years they load them with dynamite and blow them up. hopefully im not lockied in the pench and get to see it!  One thing that is funny is that all entertainment down here is American. All the disney channel stuff that my sister watches, songs from back home, and movies. A lot of the munecas for blowing up are minions from despicable me. 

The other day I got to teach sombody about the gosple while their neighbors were blasting the song "wrecking ball" by Miley Cyrus. Never thought i would get to do that! As far as the work goes it has been going well. We have 2 new families that we are teaching that i feel will progress in their faith really fast. They are looking to help their families and that is just what this gosple is for! To bless families by having more hapiness and unity in this life and being together forever in the life to come! I have really learned the importance of working with members in the church. All you members do your home teaching and invite all your friends to come and see for themselves. There is a really good talk by president Uctdorf from this past octobers general conference from the saturday morning session. Read it! 

Its weird that I am going to be away from home for my first christmas but I will be with you in spirit! I love you all!

Elder Tyler Whitaker
(below are some excerpts of Ty's letter to me and Brent.  He is answering some of my questions about various things including the police strikes and rioting happening all over Argentina last week...)


I miss you guys so much! its hard to believe that christmas is next week! I have some good plans though and I{m super excited to talk to you guys! I hope all is well with all of you! Trey Ill be praying for you with your surgery! I know you will be fine! I am doing well out here. Everything is going well and im getting into the swing of things. I dont feel so overwhelmed anymore and am enjoying myself a lot despite working 16 hours a day. funny how that works! I hope everything is well with all of you I have been praying for each of you! dad i finally got your dear elders! i cut out that speach from vince lombardi and put it in my journal. I miss they Boys club pow wows con smoothies tambien. those were some good times!La plata is the only city in our mission where the police are not on strike so im chillin and fine but we are taking precaution and getting back to the pench by dark every night so dont worry momma i am fine! I love youI am good! i got mail today and on wednesday so it is super nice to hear from everybody! i miss peanut butter but i am doing well. our lunch bailed on us yesterday so i actually cooked and made spaghetti. Im sure you are super proud of me. My comp got bitten a couple days ago so we are breaking out the daser today and having some fun hahha

No comments:

Post a Comment