Monday, December 23, 2013

"...I'm dying of heat".

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Feliz Navidad! I am having my first christmas where I am dying of heat. It is 38 degrees celcius. If anyone cares to translate that to farrenheit feel free but it feels like its in the 90´s. Life as a missionary is still the same reguardless of what day it is though except on christmas eve and christmas we only get to work from 3-6 because the calles arent going to be that safe, but dont worry mom I´m totally fine. I havent been in danger once. 

On saturday we had the Argentine version of follor the star for our barrio. It was with all the little kids del barrio! it was so funny to see all of them all dressed up. Matias, a kid we are teaching who I am baptizing this coming friday, was Joseph which was pretty legit. Its funny how the Church is the same everywhere in the world! 

Its kinda a bummer because this week has been kinda slow because of the holidays, and the next one will be even slower, which I am kinda mad about but its all good. I get to skype my family which will be awesome! We spent a lot of the week visiting members that don´t go to church very often and inviting them to the ward party and sharing a message with them.

A funny thing that happened this week is we were clapping doors and we came across an old lady doing yard work. I went up to her y said, " Quiere ayuda?" but I guess either i said it with a really bad gringo accent or she didn´t hear very well because she was old, so she didnt hear. I said it again louder and i guess she got freaked out so she hurried into her house and lopcked the door. My companion said she probably thought I was going to rob her. I felt so bad but looking back its pretty funny. Also I saw my first bearded lady. I was walking down the street and without paying to much attention said hola to some people on the street and one of them called out to me so I stopped to talk and the lady had straight up 5 o´clock shadow. I´m not even going to have that much facial hair for like 5 years.

I had a cool expierience this past week. Elder Silar and I have been amping up my spanish training and speaking basicaly in only spanish. We were on a bus to a meeting and he just says to me I want you to go talk to that lady by yourself and teach her before we get off the bus. so pretty much i just walked across the bus and sat next top her and asked her about herself a little and taught her about the  restoration. It was intense because she had a lot of questions because she was hard core evengelista. I was actually able to answer them pretty well and teach effectively. I just said what came to my mind and it was pretty cool. Elder Silar told me after he thought i definitly was going down but he said that I did really well. Thats the spirit ast work because without help I probably would have crashed and burned.

Well I want to wish all of you a merry christmas, and I want you to remeber the true meaning or Christmas. I feel like this Christmas will be a lot more meaningful. Everyday I am here and everytime I teach sombody about our savior my love for him grows. I would like all of you to remember Jesus Christ this christmas and remember what he has done for us. By remebering him and keeping him in your thoughts it is possible to experience true peace and happiness that can only come from him ( John 14:27 I think).  If anybody would like to grow closer to our savior or expiereince this peace or joy more abundantly in your life I´m sure that there are two missionaries just like me that are serving in your area that would love to help you experience that peace more abundantly.

I love you all! Feliz Navidad!

Elder Tyler Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment