Tuesday, July 1, 2014

"The best way to lighten your load is to lighten somebody else's..."

Hola mi familia y mis amigos,

I dont know how to describe this past week I have had because it was an awsome week but also one of the hardest i have ever had. Its weird how that works. I suppose it was a good week because I learned a little bit more about how to forget if it is a hard week for me and focus on making it a good week for others. 

This area is a really hard area, but i found a quote somewhere in my stuff that says "Bloom where you are planted" and "Lift as you have been lifted" Thats what I have been learning how to do. Sometimes the only thing you can do is forget


the circumstances and focus on doing the best you can. I have been trying hard daily to shift my focus from myself and how I feel to helping out others and because of it I have done a 180. The best way to lighten your load is to lighten somebody elses. The moments where I have felt the best is when I made a difference in somebody else´s life. 

I have also had some fun out here too. In the spirit of the world cup we gathered together some of the youth and we played soccer this past thursday. it was super fun to let loose and play for the first time in a long time. Im no soccer star but i can hold my own mas o menos hahaha. I think I´ll be ready for team USA if i keep practicing every week haha. We helped some people repair their roof and plant trees. We found this one member that has cows and they gave us real milk! (thats a treasure here becauseall the milk here is from a powder and comes in a bag).

We got our bikes robbed the other night so we are all on foot now. that was pretty awesome. My comp got mad but i just laughted because there is no point in being mad and now i can say i got robbed on my mission. fiesta. 

well thats my advice for all of you guys this week. Bloom where you are planted. Lift as you have been lifted. Sometimes thats all you can do and it makes you life a whole lot better. Love you all. Take care.

Elder Whitaker



No comments:

Post a Comment