Monday, June 23, 2014

..."the United States is doing pretty good.. but hopefully they dont come up agaist Argentina or I am going to have to crawl into a hole for a couple weeks haha..."

Hola mi familia y mis amigos,

This week was pretty good. It was the first week of a new transfer and we are starting to do some new things to change up how we have been working and to keep the work going down here. It has been a week with some ups and downs.

Down here everybody is going crazy for the world cup which is fun and also annoying because nobody wants to let us in. No i know how the missionaries must feel when we watch the super bowl but at least it is just one day and not for the whole month. The United States is doing pretty good which is awesome but hopefully they dont come up agaist Argentina or I am going to have to crawl into a hole for a couple weeks haha. One of the things we are trying to work on down here is the youth. There are like 3 or 4 active youth which is pretty hard but we are going to try to get some activities going on down here to help them out. We are going to be playing soccer on thursday so we will see how i do against the latinos haha.

We finally have an investigator after the longest time and we commited her to be baptized. Her name is Beatiz and she is a single mother of 4 and has 30 years. she is at the point where she wants to learn about God because she wants what is best for her family in the future so we had a really solid lesson and hopefully we will be having a baptism here in a couple of weeks.

We are really working hard to bring some less actives back and we are seeing some fruits. We have  a couple families that finally came to church this part sunday which was really awesome. Basically we are just going to work really hard this week to find some new people bacuse we dont have a lot to work with right now but I nam hopefull.

I was having a pretty tough time the other day. Just a bunch of stuff piling up and i felt like I couldnt handle it but I had a really good experience. I got back to the pench and was just super stressed out and angry and my comp knew it to so he told me that we are going to kneel down and pray. I prayed and I felt all the tension that I  had inside of me vanish. As I was praying I felt the truth that while i was going through a hard time Christ had carried a weight more heavy and suffered a lot more. It helped me refocus on what I am here to do which is not worry about my incomfort but to help others. I know that the same thing works for everyone of us. When life gets too hard to stand, sometimes you have to kneel and pray. I know that when we think we are passing through things  and think nobody understands how hard it is, that we are wrong because our savior does. We just need to remember him and then focus on what we can do to lift somebody else. I know its true because I have lived it. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and i know that any burden can be made light if we come unto him.

I love all you guys and love hearing from you all! I hope all is well with everyone.

Elder Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment