Thursday, February 19, 2015

"It's really important to always be grateful...."

Hola mi familia y mis amigos,

Well this week was a good one! We re still working a lot to find new people but we have met some cool people that are interested. We have been working a lot with the less actives to help them out. I´m not going to lie at the beginning of the week i was a little down because i was comparing this area to Km 26 a lot and I was just kinda mad that there wasnt as much progress as in my other area. I was talking about it with Elder Altamirano the other day in weekly planning and he kinda made me realize that i was looking at things wrong. Maybe its not the same as in Kilometro but he pointed out the sucesses we have had together so far. Its really important to always be grateful for what God has done for you and I needed to open up my eyes but since that moment I have been enjoying my time here in Romero a lot more. 

Well some fun stuff... a member gave us soome milk from his cow but my stomach wasnt ready for it so i spent the morning en el baƱo. we also played dodgeball today and i accidentally face shotted like 5 people. it reminded me of the good old days of mutual playing dodgeball. hahaha it is the first time i have played in forever. 

spiritual thought : Dieter F. Uchtdorf - "We can choose to be grateful, no matter what. When we are grateful to God in our circumstances, we can experience gentle peace in the midst of tribulation. In grief, we can still lift up our hearts in praise. In pain, we can glory in Christ’s Atonement. In the cold of bitter sorrow, we can experience the closeness and warmth of heaven’s embrace.We sometimes think that being grateful is what we do after our problems are solved, but how terribly shortsighted that is. How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain?" 

something that has helped me a lot this week.

Elder Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment