Monday, February 2, 2015

"If we build upon the rock of Christ...nothing can go permanently wrong."


hola mi familia y mis amigos,

It was an awesome week! we had a bunch of stuff going on. im pretty dead from this last week but it was awesome. As far as the work goes we have been looking for a lot of new people. there are a ton of people that the elders were working with when i got here that arent going anywhere so we are trying to help them a little and mainly trying to find a lot more. We have some solid people we have found but the bummer is that nobody is married! its the worst haha but we have 2 people planning to get married this month which should be pretty legit. We had an open house for the stake center here in the city of La Plata. it went really well! open houses work super well for finding people.

The find of Ty's life...cereal.
Some interesting stuff that happened this week. We went to give a blessing to a little girl that just had to have a super dangerous surgery. I though I was super scared of hospitals but it turns out that elder altamirano and elder russo dont like them more. They both fainted in there. I was pretty proud of myself for staying on my feet. I also found a 7 pound back of corn flakes so i am set for breakfast for a while. Its probably like the best inevention of argnetina. Im so happy i got sent to a place in the world where cereal exists! Also elder russo met a bolivian lady that has super hot peppers so we have been cooking spicy. My comp from chile was eating and crying at the same time because it was too spicy for him but he was super hungry it was pretty funny but since then we have been a little easier on the picante. 

We also got to go the the temple of Buenos Aires this week! it was so awesome! it was my first time being able to go to the temple in a year! It is such a blessing to be able to go! the peace that one feels inside is incredible! 

Spiritual thought for the week: Dontrine & Covenants 6:33-37

 33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.
 37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.

Something I was thinking about this week. I think it can help us all in whatever situation we are in to just remember this. Its one of my favorite scriptures. If we build upon the rock of christ by keeping his commandments nothing can go permanently wrong. 

Elder Whitaker










No comments:

Post a Comment