Wednesday, January 1, 2014

"how crazy that I was just a kid in high school..." (last year at this time.)



Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

How's everything back in the states? i hope you all had a good Christmas and have a happy new year! It is so weird for me to think about what I was doing just a year ago at this time! how crazy that I was just a kid in high school messing aroound with my friends and hanging out with my family and now I am on the other side of the world serving the people of Argentina! Well this week was a good one but a different one because of the holidays.

Ty & 10 year old Matias
We didnt have a lot of time to work because we could only work between 3 and 6 on christmas eve and Christmas but we still had a really good week. We spent a lot of time contacting references and we found a lot of people that want us to come back so that will be good! Also probably the best thing that happened this week was friday. We had a baptism of the first person i taught in Argentina, Matias, a super funny 10 year old kid. I got to baptize him and it was an awesome day. everything before the baptism went wrong but it was awesome. We have to go start filling the baptisimal font early with hot water and then leave it for a couple hours and fill the rest with cold water. Elder silar thought we had more time than we did so when we got to the font it was all the way full with scalding hot water. We then went to try to pump some out but the pump was broken so we ended up having to take buckets out and dump it down the toilet. then fill it with cold water so the baptism started like an hour late. it was an adveture.

Well today we had transfers so Elder Silar got moved and i just recieved a new comp, he is called elder cavallos and he{s from Chile. My spanish is going to get real good, real fast or else it will be kinda quiet because he doesnt speak a lick of english. Im kinda scared but Im also excited because my spanish is going to get a lot better. I am going to be able to communicate a lot better for sure after this next 6 weeks. I don't know too much about him yet but I guess we will see how we work together. 

Also its only my second transfer in Argentina, and im going to be running the area because I am the one with time and who knows the people and the investigators. Its a pretty big responsibility but I hope I will do well. We have couple good families we are working with. At the moment we are going to try to see if we can teach Matias mom which would be really good. 

Well I love you all and wish you a happy new year!

Con Amor, Elder Tyler Whitaker
Ty's xmas present from us.  Superman socks.

A picture of Ty's area near La Plata



A picture of the piƱata-like things they make to blow-up on New Years Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment