Monday, June 16, 2014

"I will be staying her in Santa Teresita for another 6 weeks..."

Hola mi familia y mis amigos,

Como anda con todo? As you guys are all getting ready for summer I´m freezing down here. Its funny getting letters from my little brother about surfing and down here I´m like an eskimo. This week was kind of short as far as the work because we had a zone meeting ( there is so much space between the areas it is almost a whole day to go meet with all the missionaries have the meeting and go back) and we went to La Plata which is 5 hours away to go to a conference with a gerneral athority. For the conference in La Plata I got to spend the night in my first area, Villa Montoro. It was cool to be beack in my old bed for a night and talk with my budddies about how the area is going. Mari is still going strong, despite her many challenges she is still firm in the church which is awesome.

As far as teaching goes we had a couple of cool lessons. One was with a guy we found that has about 30 years and he doesn´t have any family anything going on besides work in his life. he hasnt gone to church since he was 17. We have been doing service for him and stuff and the other day we had a lesson with him.It was super cool because as we walked into the room to go and teach him i knew exactly what he needed to hear. We talked about how this life is the time to prepare ourselves to meet God and about what he wants to do with his life. I know that the only life that brings true happiness and fulfillment is a life based on the teachings of Christ. we taught him that and he felt the spirit and he commited to come to church for the first time in years.

One of the best things of my week every week down here in Santa Teresita is taking the sacrament to and elderly couple, the familia ledesma, that can´t come to church because of their health. They are awesome. They are so funny and so appreciative when we bring the the sacrament. I have felt the spirit and the saviors love so strong during my visits with them. We are the first to come by in a long time so it is awesome to see how happy they are. It has really helped me to understand how important the sacrament is.

Well I will be staying here in Santa Teresita for another 6 weeks with Elder Varela so hopefully we can keep on working good and accopmlish some good things down here!

Elder Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment