Monday, January 12, 2015

"I have really learned the true meaning of charity here in KM 26...."

hola mi familia y mis amigos!

This was one of the best weeks of my mission and also one of the saddest. It was my last week in Km 26. Mom, im sure youre happy im not in an area as dangerous anymore but i miss that branch so much. I am back in La Plata again in an area called romero. I heard its a pretty good area with a lot of work so im stoked about that, but im still going to miss kilometro a ton. 

This last week in Km was awesome. I basically knew i was leaving because i had finished training elder mamani so people knew. The youth moved the sports activity we do every tuesday to wednesday so I could play, because i was on an exchange on tuesday. It was fun playing my last game with my buddies. Its awesome because my two best freinds from Km 26 were less active when I got there and now they are filling out their papers to go on the mission! 

In a certain way leaving an area of your mission is sadder than leaving your family. I know my family will be right there waiting for me at the end of my mission But in the mission when you leave an area, especailly when that area is on the otherside of the world from where you live, its not very likely that you are going to see the people you have grown to love another time in this life. Its pretty sad. A lot of the lessons we taught this week were about how I hope that they follow firmly on the path Christ left for us so that we can see eachother again in the next life. 

It really hit me how much I have g rown to love these people when I had to give my last talk this last sunday. I was sitting back watching the congregation and got a little emotional that i was going to have to leave all these amazing people behind. (I think a lot of it was because it was hot and i was sweating from my eyes). I had a talk prepared but as I was sitting there a bunch of scriptures came to my mind on the spot and I started adding to my notes to the point where they didnt make sense so I just put them aside and went up there an spoke what the spirit had put in my heart. It was an amazing feeling because Im a terrible public speaker so its easy for me to recognize when I talk of myself or am speaking words that were given to me. I have really learned the true meaning of charity here in Km 26. I love this place and I am willing to sacrafice to help my brothers and sisters here. 

well the Lord has called me away and Im sure He has another work for me to do. Im glad to do it. By the way Im going to try to thank everybody who sent me letters for chirstmas personally but if I dont have your address I want to thank you right now because it really meant a lot to me to see how all you guys remembered of me. I love you all!

Elder Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment