Monday, January 26, 2015

"I'm so grateful for the time I have to serve down here in Argentina...."

Hola mi familia y mis amigos,

Todo tranqui? Things are going well here in romero. We had a solid week. I started it off with an intercambio with my buddy Elder Russo, from california. It was a solid day. We taught some solid lessons and got some rocks thrown at us by some tools on the streets. We also found some chiles and we made some mexican salsa and I had real chips (the lords chips) and salsa for the first time since the states! it was legit.

We have a bunch of peole to visit but not a ton that are going anywhere so we have been looking a lot and getting a lot of references. Its been going well. One of the biggest problems down here is that people arent married and its hard to get married! There are like 5 people that could get baptized right now if they were married and not living with somebody. Its frusturating but we are helping some people get married. 

we have been doing a lot of good stuff with activities out here and a lot of people having been coming to the family sports nights. It has been a good way to help people feel comfortable at church.

Im so grateful for the time I have to serve here in Argentina. It really is the best experience. Its weird how fast it is going but im so grateful for the time I have to help these people down here. Its the best being down here. I know that this message will bring more happiness to somebody than anything else in the world. It gives you a complete sense of life and who you are. I know that many of you who are reading this have many doubts, or problems, or questions, but i know that whatever it is, the restored truth and fullness of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will help. I invite everyone who reads this who arent members of the church to talk with the missionaries and find out. We dont bite. and If you are a member but stuggle to believe talk with the missionaries anyways or get down on your knees and start praying to know and studying the scriptures. My life has been tremendously blessed for doing so.

I love you all

Elder Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment