Thursday, August 13, 2015

"...God puts people in our lives so that we can touch their hearts".

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Como estan todos? I have had a good last couple of weeks. there has been some tough stuff but really after counting my blessings i realize that i have had a really fun week and a lot of little miracles. 

Well some fun stuff first: well i burned my bum with the bidet on an exchange in another area and i got all wet so that was funny.

I had to get an ingrown toenail taken out and the got out the powersander so i felt like i was in dumb and dumber so that made me laugh quite a bit.

My comp has decided he wants to sing in all of the contacts we do. so its like year round christmas caroling. so thats fun i guess.

i got pretty good at shooting my trash into the trash basket from the balcony so im feeling like a champ.

I had an exchange with one of my best freinds in the mission elder jackson from Encinitas, california this week and it was awesome! We had fun and had some really good talks that insired me for after the mission.

Also I got interviewed by some people making a documentary about technology in argentina so im going to be famous!

For some spiritual stuff:

This last week i got to interview a family to get baptized that I found and taught their first lesson to them 2 years ago when i started in Villa Montoro. They remembered me and everything even though i had almost forgotten about them. It was a blessing from my Heavenly Father that I could be there to complete the cycle. How great of a blessing it is to know that seeds i planted a long time ago, God helped them grow and i could witness it almost 2 years later.

We are having trouble finding new people but the other day i felt inspired to ring s certain doorbell and we found a really receptive family. Hopefully we can begin teaching them soon.

We have been helping a 18 year old kid who was less active come back to church. He has begun to accompany us to appointments and to our P-day activities and he told us today on the way to the activity that he is in the process of filling out his missionary papers to go on a mission!

The work can be hard but God puts people in our lives so that we can touch their hearts.

Spiritual thought: "Finishers Wanted" -Thomas S Monson July 1972 Ensign

Courage becomes living and attractive virtue when it is regarded not as a willingness to die manfully, but the determination to live decently.Have the courage—
“To dream the impossible dream;
To fight the unbeatable foe;
To bear with unbearable sorrow:
To run where the brave dare not go.
“To right the unrightable wrong;
To love, pure and chaste, from afar;
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star.” 1
—and you will thus become finisher.
Its a good thought. have a good week everyone!
Elder Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment