Monday, June 1, 2015

The key to happiness I think, is just finding out the will of God, and accepting it...."

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

Gracias for the birthday wishes! Its nice to see that people still remember me haha ;) This week was the best! We have been seeing a lot of miracles here in romero and we are passing it good down here!

Its been way fun yo be with Elder DeYoung. He reminds me of a combination of my buddies Zak Morgan and Jared Barton. We have a good time while still working really hard. We quote napoleon Dynamite and Nacho libre daily. its pretty funny.

Our investigators are making a lot of progress. Eliana, a 17 year old girl who is the grandaughter of a member, will be baptized this sunday. She passed her interview and she is ready. Its been amazing to see the change that she has made in her life. Her brother, Jonny, who is 15, had some doubts and some things to work on but we could help him resolve his doubts and he has changed a lot since. He took out his expander earing and is a lot more attentive. he will be getting baptized on the 10th. Sofia is a girl we found on the bus that was definitely put on our path. We started talking to her and it turns out her good friend is a return missionary from the ward that just got back from bolivia. We have been teaching her together with him and she told us the other day after church that she feels that this is the truth. She basically is living all of the commandments already. she was definitly prepared for us to find. She also should be getting baptized the 10th. Also the familia kallus that i have told you about. They finally got there papers done so they can get married! they will be getting a turno this week. I hiope they get married before i leave romero so that i can be there. after the wedding we will have the baptism for the hermana as well. If im there or not i will be so happy that they can finally take this important step. I have been working with them for the last 4 months. they havent missed a day of church since then. 

i really feel so blessed to be a part of this work here in Romero. This time has been a fruitful time of my mission but im no less grateful for the more dificult parts i have had to face. All the trials and joys that i have had have made me who I am now. I have truly changed so much out here on my mission. The other day I was thinking about what I was grateful for and more than anything I thank my heavenly father that he has been watching be and shaping me though the things he has been putting in my path. The key to happiness i think is just finding out the will of God, and accepting it. God can make a whole lot more out of us than we can make out of ourselves.

I hope you guys all have a good week. Write me!

Elder Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment