Monday, June 22, 2015

"It's probably the best part of missionary work to hear those words...."

Hola mi familia y mis amigos,

well we had a pretty crazy week this week. W


e had exchanges with the elders in our zone all week so i basically didnt even see my comp the whole week. it was crazy. I was so tired this weekend. It was fun though because there are a lot of cool elders in our zone. Well because my comp was in other areas i was running the area for the first time. it went well but we still need to find more people.

as for the people we do have, they are coming along nicely. We had a couple lessons with Mauro and jessica this week and they are doing everthing right. we showed up on thursday and they told us, "we have been praying together and we know its all true" so thats pretty awesome. Its probably the best part of missionary work to hear those words.

We have started teaching a family that the dad is a member but his kids, that have between 30 and 15, aren´t. we went over last monday to have a family home evening and i pulled out some of my mexican skills i didnt know i had and we made some legit tacos. we had guacamole and salsa and beans and everything which arent things that you can typically get here. They were soooooo good. i had been dying for a good taco. its was super funny though because the argentines think black pepper is spicy. I made one of the kids throw up because he wasnt used to the spice haha woops. but everybody else liked it. but yeah doing that we got the trust of the kids and they started listening to us. we had a cople solid lessons with them.

Well my comp is getting ready to go home next monday. its fun but also makes me a little trunky because he is remembering all the good stuff from the states haha but ill live. we will see who my new comp will be next week! Ill miss Elder McKean though.

spiritual thought of the week:

2 nephi 33:10-12 Its Nephi´s testimony (the first prophet who writes in the Book of Mormon) about the Book of Mormon. This book is the ultimate test. if it persuades us to believe in Christ and increases our faith, then its true. If it is true, then Joseph Smith was a prophet called to restore Christ´s church, which had been lost, again the the Earth. This book has increased my faith and I know it is true.

10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believein Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.
11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.
 12 And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day.
Have a good week everyone. I love you guys!
Elder Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment