Monday, September 14, 2015

"I got proposed to by the daughter of a family we contacted in the street...."

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!

well this week was full of adventures! the time is going way to fast at this point now but im loving it! I am trying to get everything i can out of it! Well i just made a list of some stuff that happened to me this week so here it goes:

well my chain came off my bike while i was on an avenue and when i put my weight on my pedal to go i lost my balance and i body slammed a parked car so that was fun. i almost made it 24 months with out a bike accident.

We are now doing family home evenings with members and having them invite a friend thats not a member or a less active member and we had some good times with that. With one family for the game we had I got to play air hockey for the first time since i left so that was fun! also we had our converts teach the lesson in another family home evening and it was awesome! they are such studs. they have weeks being members and they already teach lessons and stuff.

some lady that is always trying to make us give her 5 pesos called us over like this, "little boys come over and fix my water pipe!" and being good missionaries we went to help her but it was a pipe that we wernt going to be able to attach without shutting off the water. we told her but she was like, "no i have done this like 10 times just push harder!" and we are like, "tranquilo lady" but we kept helping her but finally she gave up and let us go back to work after 20 minutes. 

I got proposed to by the daughter of a family we contacted in the street. Its an interesting story that i will tell you all whe i get back because i dont have time to write it.

This week we also had a bunch of awesome lessons. We were guided to the right place at the right time. Those are my favorite times on the mission, when the spirit guides you and you know you are exactly where you need to be. We were able to help a brother whose nephew had died and was buried the morning we found him, the daughter of a member of the ward who had distanced herself from the church, the bishop when he was passing through a hard time and other families as well just in the moment they needed us. We were able to share a message about christ with them and provide them with the help they needed. Thats what i love about the mission. 

Well that was my week this week! I love you all!

Have a good week!

Elder Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment